Service Engineer - Plymouth/North Cornwall
Service Engineer - ENER-G COMBINED POWER LIMITED
On call rota + 1 weekend day every 3 weeks
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join our ENER-G business. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
You will be responsible for the effective service and maintenance of allocated CHP units. Acting as the 1st point of contact for the customer you must have excellent communication skills, be self motivated with a strong eye for detail.
We are looking for candidates who have a background in Engineering within the Energy industry (in particular Building services or Combined Heat and Power projects) and who have, as a minimum, a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC).
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC).
- Have carried out some form of in-field service role on reciprocating engines or generators.
- Be able to strip and repair a reciprocating engine down to component level.
- Have some knowledge of rotating equipment.
- Have excellent problem solving ability
- Good IT Skills
- Have strong Health & Safety Awareness
- Excel in good housekeeping
Desirable Skill Set but not limited to:
- Working on CHP plants
- Working on generators
- Working on marine vessels
- Work on the following engines; MTU, CAT, Perkins, MAN, Mercedes, MWM
- Good working knowledge of three phase electrics
- Gas Engines
- A Gas Safe qualification
- Have a working knowledge of control panels
- Some form of Health & Safety Qualification
The successful candidate will have the knowledge they are joining a company that prides itself in providing training to aid an engineer’s development as it has its own training academy.
- Bonus System (max to £8000 per annum)
- On-Call payment ·25 days holidays per annum + bank holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company Contributory Pension
- Benefits Package linked to Pension
- Share Option scheme
- Full Company uniform
- Mobile Phone
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76019039