Do you want to work for a global defence electronics company specialising in Electronic Warfare and avionics systems for military air platforms as a Design Engineer, working on automated material handling systems?
My client is seeking a Design Engineer to work within a Proposal Engineering team, working on their automated material handling systems at sites across the UK and Europe.
Key responsibilities of the Design Engineer include:
* Meet with clients to elicit accurate requirements in line with their business profile, understanding material flows and provide coherent reports to enable solution creation
* Using the client's key requirements, considerations and metrics, define the optimised solution based on company capability offering to deliver market leading material handling systems
* Understand and produce Material Flow Diagrams defining all system, nodaland mechatronic flows to ensure an optimised and cost effective solution
* Provide a system compliant with H&S requirements including CDM and other local legislative requirements
* Provide a functional, integrated system which meets the customer requirements
Knowledge and skills required of the Design Engineer include:
* BSc/BA degree preferable in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* AutoCad and Navis Work user - desirable
* Demonstratable experience and excellence in material handling system design (Baggage Handling / Parcel Courier / Warehousing)
* Knowledge of design, delivery and testing systems
* Conversant with all aspects of complex, integrated Automation systems
This role will include travel across the UK and Europe.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a true leader in their field and embark on a great career.
Click below to apply
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986249