Head of content publication and enrichment
RS Components is a global FTSE 250 distributor for engineers. We operate in 32 countries around the world with over 60% of our business now being delivered online.
In recent years we have created a truly global digital company with 70% of our sales attributed outside of the UK. We have created a digital presence which has won over 20 awards over the last 18 months, generating over 8 million visits to our digital shop per month and driving £3m sales every day, placing RS as one of the leaders and fastest growing B2B companies globally.
This level of business results in us shipping a parcel to somewhere in the world every 2 seconds…however this is just the start! There's never been a more exciting time to join RS Components - be at the centre of our plan to accelerate our growth and truly dominate the digital world.
Our brand values reflect our personality and guide our behaviour. They characterise what it's like to do business with us.
Seamless: We make complex things satisfyingly simple
Personal: People come before process
Progressive: Always looking for a better way - we turn ideas into improvements
We are a large, multi-national Digital Content team based in Corby with some team members based at our new office in St Pancras Square, London, where we are neighbours of Google, Universal & Havas
We enrich content for a product range in excess of 1m skus and publish 50,000 new products a year! Our primary driver is anticipating and answering customers' product related questions in multiple languages in over 30 countries around the world.
We value data over opinion and use customer-activity metrics, supplier insight and competitor benchmarking to drive a competitive commercial advantage. We transform base product content into something that answers customers' questions, enhances their user experience and gives our customers the confidence to purchase.
We have huge ambitions and are on a journey to create something very special. We have a clear vision of where we want to get to - a powerhouse with a seductive customer experience and a best in class content team where talent can flourish and develop whilst having a great time doing it.
You will also receive outstanding benefits package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, we have flexible working hours which supports work/life balance.
To get a feel for us as a team you can check us out here:
The purpose of this role is to lead a team in identifying, developing and delivering agreed Content enrichment plans aligned to Product Category commercial objectives to increase SEO traffic, and conversion.
This role will be aligned to the strategically important 'Tools, Consumables & Test' product category and you will work closely in a matrix organisation with leaders from Product Management, Inventory, Pricing and Marketing to challenge and drive commercial performance for the group.
You will be joining the team at an extremely exciting time and we will be expecting you to support double digit growth on base annual revenues in excess of £400m.
You will have full end to end accountability for your content quality and will be responsible for identifying and implementing leading edge content to improve customer satisfaction.
Your accountabilities will include:
Leadership & Talent Management
- Lead a growing team of c.10 people
- Proactively nurture a culture of high performance
- Recruit, retain, coach and develop team to ensure a strong talent pipeline that contains future business leaders
Strategically enriching product content
- Drive team to optimise content to improve onsite search & SEO performance
- Benchmark competitor and supplier content to deliver best in class content
- Create unique product content that enhances our search performance and drives incremental market share
Improving customer satisfaction
- Accelerating a customer obsessed culture and ensuring your product content anticipates and exceeds customer expectations
- Being ahead of the game in proactively enriching all written content, especially product titles
- Ensuring your team react quickly by completing amendments based on customer feedback
- Using customer data to identify further improvement opportunities
- Act as the Content point of contact for all senior Category stakeholders
- Lead activity with Category teams to identify, prioritise and deliver enrichment
- Communicating activity plan in a clear and timely manner
- Sharing best practise between Content and other Digital, Innovation and Divisional teams
- Proactively contribute to strategic initiatives (global & local)
Your personality will demonstrate:
Customer Focus: you will be customer focused at all times, because our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Enthusiasm: you will be full of energy with a can-do attitude.
Proactivity: you will be eager to work autonomously, take initiative, embrace challenge, proactively seeking new opportunities and innovation.
Curiosity: you will be passionate about all things digital, you will have the passion to stay up-to date with the new technologies, trends & channel developments.
Drive for results: goal oriented, always want to deliver best in class, happily take new challenges and constantly seek new solution to reach business and personal objectives.
Playing well with others: we work together towards our global vision. You need to be a team player who can gain trust and find common ground to solve problems. You are keen to share your knowledge and experience with your peers and local teams.
You will have:
- A strategic, global mindset and perspective on opportunities
- Experience of leading teams that use customer data, supplier insight and competitor benchmarking, to drive a competitive commercial advantage
- Digital experience with proven record of driving significant online growth of KPIs in a commercial environment
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders across a matrix organisation to ensure effective delivery of the strategy
- A creative problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to changing requirements and still deliver results
- A pragmatic and focussed approach, prioritising what will and won't get done, and not afraid to say 'no'
- Ability to use knowledge and experience of external best practice to shape Content Enrichment Strategy, direction and delivery
- A Continuous Improvement mindset
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76003064