Head of content localisation
RS Components is a global FTSE 250 distributor for engineers. We operate in 32 countries around the world with over 60% of our business now being delivered online.
In recent years we have created a truly global digital company with 70% of our sales attributed outside of the UK. We have created a digital presence which has won over 20 awards over the last 18 months, generating over 8 million visits to our digital shop per month and driving £3m sales every day, placing RS as one of the leaders and fastest growing B2B companies globally.
This level of business results in us shipping a parcel to somewhere in the world every 2 seconds…however this is just the start! There's never been a more exciting time to join RS Components - be at the centre of our plan to accelerate our growth and truly dominate the digital world.
Our brand values reflect our personality and guide our behaviour. They characterise what it's like to do business with us.
Seamless: We make complex things satisfyingly simple
Personal: People come before process
Progressive: Always looking for a better way - we turn ideas into improvements
We are a large, multi-national Digital Content team based in Corby with some team members based at our new office in St Pancras Square, London, where we are neighbours of Google, Universal & Havas
We enrich content for a product range in excess of 1m skus and publish 50,000 new products a year! Our primary driver is anticipating and answering customers' product related questions in multiple languages in over 30 countries around the world.
We value data over opinion and use customer-activity metrics, supplier insight and competitor benchmarking to drive a competitive commercial advantage. We transform base product content into something that answers customers' questions, enhances their user experience and gives our customers the confidence to purchase.
We have huge ambitions and are on a journey to create something very special. We have a clear vision of where we want to get to - a powerhouse with a seductive customer experience and a best in class content team where talent can flourish and develop whilst having a great time doing it.
You will also receive outstanding benefits package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, we have flexible working hours which supports work/life balance.
To get a feel for us as a team you can check us out here:
The purpose of this role is to develop and execute a roadmap that drives Digital & Group Strategy by exponentially increasing the provision of localised product content through our various digital channels to customers around the world and transforms the customer experience.
You will lead a team of local language experts in developing and executing short & long term product content enrichment plans that deliver the most effective results in sales, traffic and other key performance indicators.
We are truly a global company and you will ensure there is seamless communication with our Hub teams around the world, utilise the latest transcreation technology from 3rd party service providers, and execute content enrichment plans that drive incremental commercial value, improved customer satisfaction and ever increasing ROI.
Your accountabilities will include:
Roadmap to Localisation transformation
- Develop a roadmap to ensure necessary systems and team capabilities are in place to deliver significant commercial results from expansion of localised content
Leadership & Talent Management
- Lead a growing team of c.6 people
- Proactively nurture a culture of high performance
- Recruit, retain, coach and develop team to ensure a strong talent pipeline that contains future business leaders
Strategically localising content for search
- Drive localised optimised content to improve onsite search & SEO performance
- Benchmark competitor and supplier content
- Create unique product content that enhances our search performance
Improving customer satisfaction
- Being ahead of the game in proactively enriching written content, especially product titles
- Ensuring your team react quickly by completing amendments based on customer feedback
- Using customer data to identify further improvement opportunities
Manage 3rd party suppliers
- Manage external partners who currently provide Translation and Transcreation services to the Content team
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and performance management
Hub & Market Stakeholder Management
- Act as the Content point of contact for all senior Hub stakeholders
- Lead activity with Hub teams to identify, prioritise and deliver localisation enrichment
- Communicating activity plan in a clear and timely manner
- Sharing Localisation best practise between Content and other Digital, Innovation and Divisional teams
- Proactively contribute to strategic initiatives (global & local)
Your personality will demonstrate:
Customer Focus: you will be customer focused at all times, because our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Enthusiasm: you will be full of energy with a can-do attitude.
Proactivity: you will be eager to work autonomously, take initiative, embrace challenge, proactively seeking new opportunities and innovation.
Curiosity: you will be passionate about all things digital, you will have the passion to stay up-to date with the new technologies, trends & channel developments.
Drive for results: goal oriented, always want to deliver best in class, happily take new challenges and constantly seek new solution to reach business and personal objectives.
Playing well with others: we work together towards our global vision. You need to be a team player who can gain trust and find common ground to solve problems. You are keen to share your knowledge and experience with your peers and local teams.
You will have:
- A strategic, global mindset and perspective on opportunities
- Experience of leading teams that use customer data, supplier insight and competitor benchmarking, to drive a competitive commercial advantage
- Digital experience with proven record of driving significant online growth of KPIs in a commercial environment
- In addition to English, ideally, fluent written and spoken skills in another language
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and across teams to ensure effective delivery of the strategy
- Able and comfortable to operate effectively at both strategic and operational levels
- Ability to use knowledge and experience of external best practice to shape localisation strategy, direction and delivery
- A Continuous Improvement mindset
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76003236