Tax Assistant / Bury / £25,000 / Permanent
My client, a leading a financial services business in Bury, is recruiting a Tax Assistant. You will be joining a company with a fantastic culture that promotes teamwork and self development. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress in their career and achieve success. The offices are modern and conveniently located with a local café and offer free parking.
Tax Assistant duties:
- Preparation of corporation tax schedules for payment on account purposes and annual computations from accounting data
- Preparation of quarterly VAT data ensuring compliance with VAT legislation, including partial exemption
- Management of data and preparation and submission of P11Ds in line with HMRC requirements
- Ensuring timely submission, payment and tax compliance across all direct and indirect taxes
- Making recommendations to the HOD for tax efficiency, savings and implementation of any HMRC approved plans.
- Monitoring expense claims and ensure reporting is in line with HMRC regulations
- Assisting HR colleagues with regards to employment tax issues
- Collating client data on a monthly basis and preparing client journals for processing
- Liaising with clients to ensure consistent accurate and timely information
- Liaising with account managers and attend client visits where required
- Preparing monthly management accounts for external clients in accordance with strict timetable
- Liaising with managers, clients and client auditors when required
Tax Assistant requirements:
- Experience in a similar role
- ATT part or fully qualified
- Professional and presentable
- Switched on
For immediate consideration please send your CV to or call Adam on 0161 835 8314
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986455