Within a fast paced Department, IT Infrastructure Aprentices are tasked with improving and maintaining the company IT infrastructure and delivering IT Projects and implementations. Providing day to day IT support for the GAP Group of companies is an integral part of the role. You will be supported in these objectives by the IT manager, IT Infrastructure Specialists and IT Senior Infrastructure Specialists.
Daily Responsibilities of the role include;
- Providing Day to Day IT Support through the help-desk and on the phone
- Work as instructed to Improve the IT infrastructure at Head Office and GAP depots
- Be involved in the role out of new depots
- Maintain the backup infrastructure.
It's an exciting time to be joining us here at GAP as with the recent purchase of SIG Building Plastics and windows businesses, we now have 112 depots and counting. This recent addition presents all our staff with the chance to grow within the business and we are determined to bring the right people on board to help us take the next step.
The successful candidate will have;
(at least 5 of the below)
- Good telephone manner
- Instruct users on proper use of technology and help reduce support calls
- Knowledge of the business and working practices.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Working knowledge of backup software.
- Good user understanding of Bespoke core business applications (print a pick list, invoice place order etc). Ability to take first line trouble shooting of bespoke applications.
- Familiar with current mobile telephones
- An interest in technology.
We believe our success is a result of our "family feel" which is at the core of our operations, we will offer you the chance to not only progress individually but professionally. We will give you the tools to succeed; it's up to you what you do with it! If you are a confident driven person and feel that you have what it takes to be a part of GAP, please send your CV today!
GAP gives all candidates equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75975125