Legal Secretary - Conveyancing
Our successful client based in Maidenhead has a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join their team within Conveyancing.
The purpose of the role is to provide secretarial support services to the department head and other fee earners as required. Conveyancing experience is essential.
Salary dependant on experience.
- To undertake both audio and copy typing as directed, to produce accurate and presentable letters and documentation
- To maintain diaries, recording key dates and appointments
- To ensure that all letters and documents take priority over the production of attendance notes
- To assist in the location of files for incoming post, undertake photocopying, prepare post and other related tasks as necessary
- Assist other secretaries with overload as directed as well as seek work and assist with other secretarial duties at those times when your workload is up to date
- To assist with the opening and completion of accounts documents and client files
- To take telephone messages, record on attendance notes and bring to the appropriate fee earners attention as soon as possible
- To make telephone calls to clients and others as directed, referring to files, to provide information on behalf of fee earners
- To ensure that client confidentiality is not breached
- Cross sell and promote services to maximise the firm's potential
- To assist in the firm's marketing activities as and when required
- To actively seek economies with postage, stationery, use of telephone, fax and other office equipment
- To be helpful and pleasant with other staff members at all times
- To perform all tasks in accordance with the rules laid down in the office manual
- To have a good knowledge of and to work unsupervised in the production of basic legal forms and precedents
- To work efficiently and accurately
- To have a good knowledge of the information technology systems, particularly in relation to accounts, database, case management and e-mail procedures
- To at all times be considerate towards clients' needs and to service those needs in an efficient and professional manner
- Experience working within conveyancing essential
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills that they identify. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75977669