Brand Marketing Manager
Nigel Wright are recruiting for an Interim Brand Marketing Manager on behalf of a leading North East visitor attraction for an 8 week project and brand launch. The destination is currently undergoing a period of change, focusing on creating a vibrant world-class visitor destination combining culture and heritage.
Alongside preparing for the launch of several new developments at the attraction, the client are looking to strengthen their marketing and communications department. There is also major strategic branding project underway, working with a major national creative agency. It is envisaged that the Interim Brand Marketing Manager will manage day to day account handling with the agency, particularly on development of the visual identity and application to customer touch points and development of campaigns, liaising closely with both the Head of Communications and the Director of Strategy and Marketing.
- Responsibility for the development of marketing plans for different elements of the attraction and their day to day implementation, consistent with mission and brand strategy
- To scope and manage the budget for these elements, and help set targets
- To be an advocate for the brand, and its consistent application in all marketing activities including ensuring that the experience for each element is representative of the brand platform at all customer touch points
- To understand and clearly articulate the markets that the attraction is serving, and the segments in these markets we should be targeting, in order to help define plans to engage, attract and deliver to these target audience segments, and communicate this to other parts of the organisation
- To represent marketing - i.e. marketing voice and expertise - at cross departmental meetings working on mobilisation of specific elements of the project, with responsibility for outputs required
- To contribute, as part of the broader team, on future marketing planning, for example on scoping out ticketing strategy for the whole site.
- To help drive forward the creation of the new visual identity and its application across touchpoints and campaigns, working closely with senior colleagues and, specifically, to lead on day to day account management with the agency in this area, driving and inspiring them to deliver
- Initial scoping of our approach for group travel and tourism marketing: trade fairs to attend, getting a plan together.
- The marketing department is at a formative stage and the organisation is growing rapidly, therefore it is essential that the Interim Marketing Manager is able to thrive and operate effectively in an entrepreneurial and fast moving/paced environment, more akin to a start-up company.
- Self-starter, with initiative, who is able to 'hit the ground running' and make a difference in a short period of time.
- Equally important, an effective and adaptable team player who is used to working across departments: someone who knows how to work with people to get a good result even when, sometimes, there are competing priorities.
- Used to working at a senior level
- Depth of experience and knowledge in leisure sector or visitor attraction/destination highly desirable, or a sector with demonstrable relevance.
- Experience of managing a national creative agency with an intensive work programme
- A minimum of two years' experience managing significant campaigns from either an agency or 'in house' perspective. Experience of launch campaigns and working in a npd environment also an advantage
- Likely to have 5 years plus solid marketing experience, ideally including working with/for 'blue chip' companies
- Experience of liaising and account management with large scale agencies and creative teams
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75971774