Buyer - Toys
The buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell into a new of multi-channel retail outlets. Buyers source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive.
Our client is an award winning Children's distributor based in the North West, due to continued growth of categories and unrivalled success in their market they are looking to expand their Buying and Design teams.
Typical duties include:
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels;
- Managing plans for stock levels;
- Reacting to changes in demand and logistics;
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract;
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products;
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed;
- Attending trade fairs, in the UK and overseas, to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- Participating in promotional activities;
- Writing reports and forecasting sales levels;
- Presenting new ranges to senior retail managers;
- Getting feedback from customers;
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
The successful candidate will be an experienced licensed products buyer - candidates with experience in luggage, toys, stationary and accessories will be of particular interest.
You should have creative flair, and in addition to this solid communication and articulation skills as well as the ability to multi-task. You must have experience in generic product development, licensing, art-working, design & the relevant processes. I.e. approvals process, design skills, brand awareness & how to prioritise the workload. This is an exciting opportunity for a Buyer who craves the ability to innovate and see new concepts all the way through to development.
Competitive dependent on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75963540