EMS ECU Hardware Engineer
As a Hardware Engineer within the EMS Hardware team, you will be responsible for working with our strategic supplier to deliver Engine control module for our multiple Core Engine programmes. Strong interpersonal skills are required in order to liaise with internal JLR departments and JLR supplier to take it from concept phase to delivery. You will e responsible for leading the ECU hardware design review by liaising with supplier and experts within JLR, as well as delivering Wiring harness and fusing instructions to the Electrical department by following the Design standards.
1. Experience of development of embedded control hardware for automotive applications and good understanding of best practices in the design of Electronics
2. Previous experience of Engine and Powertrain control systems required /Previous experience of Automotive Electronics required
3. Good communication, interpersonal skills and self-confidence are personal qualities needed to succeed, being self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Experience of development of embedded control hardware for automotive applications and good understanding of best practices in the design of Electronics.
- Experience of managing a strategic supplier
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of working across cultural (international) barriers
- Capable of both team and independent working
- Engineering Degree in Electronics domain
Primarily based at Whitley but must be willing to travel to other JLR sites (Gaydon/facility providers such as Universities/Consultancies)
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75949823