2nd Tier Service Desk Analyst
About the Job
Idox is recruiting additional Helpdesk Support to complement its already successful Service Desk team working with Local Government and the wider Public Sector.
We are looking to hire someone with a strong software background, ideally where these skills have been developed in a support or service delivery environment and additionally we are looking for good experience of Local Government in particular Land and Property online solutions. This role will be to work at a second tier service desk support level so demonstrable experience in handling SQL queries and database technologies, in particular Oracle 11g/12c is desirable.
In particular, we are looking for an experienced Helpdesk Analyst who has working knowledge of the Idox suite of software e.g. Uniform, Total Land Charges, however any relevant experience of similar Land & Property Systems is acceptable.
Idox will provide the mentoring and development you need to succeed as a member of our team, so that you can apply your existing expertise to support our clients.
Working as a member of the Service Desk team within the Public Sector Software Division, the post holder will provide high quality advice and support to assure a first class customer service.By taking full ownership of support calls, fully investigating and effectively progressing the call to the point of satisfactory resolution and keeping all parties up to date on progress, ensuring that all call records are accurately logged and fully completed with adherence to declared operational processes and procedures. The candidate will be required to continuously develop their skills and knowledge, taking full advantage of guidance and mentorship from the Team Leader and Senior team members, to enhance delivery of service.
You would be responsible for;
- Responding to all customer support calls within the agreed SLA timescales
- Taking ownership of all assigned calls and progressing these through to resolution, ensuring the customer is kept informed of call progress
- Fully investigating the query and undertaking fault replication within the company’s software as appropriate
- Accurately recording all related communication and actions into the call logging system in accordance with the agreed procedure
- To develop and maintain up to date detailed knowledge of the Company’s products in accordance with a personal development plan
- Ensure all direct contact with customers is carried out in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring the company’s image is maintained to a high standard
Personal SpecificationKnowledge and Experience required:
- Strong software background, ideally in support or service delivery arena.
- Extensive experience of SQL queries and database technologies, in particular Oracle 11g/12c.
- Knowledge of using the Idox suite of software e.g. Uniform, Total Land Charges and/or relevant experience of similar Land & Property Systems is desirable.
- IIS and/or Apache web server administration.
- VB6, VBscript / Java script / ASP
- MS SQL Server and/or Oracle Database Administration.
- The ability to understand new technologies and terminology quickly.
- Experience of working as part of a team within a busy customer driven environment
- Confident with communication via email and telephone
- Ability to work to tight Service Level Agreements.
- PC literate – good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent customer service and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility – able to take ownership of requests to ensure timely responses to customers.
- Planning and organising: able to prioritise daily workload effectively.
- Confidence in dealing with challenging situations, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated: able to use own initiative, working well in a team and individually.
About idox plcIdox is the leading applications provider to UK local government for core functions relating to land, people and property, such as its market leading planning systems and election management software. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers. Idox provides public sector organisations with tools to manage information and knowledge, documents, content, business processes and workflow as well as connecting directly with the citizen via the web, and providing elections management solutions. It also supplies in the UK and internationally, decision support content such as grants and planning policy information and corporates compliance services. Idox delivers engineering document control, project collaboration and facility management applications to many leading companies in industries such as oil & gas, architecture and construction, mining, utilities, pharmaceuticals and transportation in North America and around the world.The Group employs over 900 staff located in the UK, the USA, Canada, Europe, India and Australia.Idox has many offices across the Country and therefore travel will be required.The BenefitsThis post commands a competitive salary depending upon experience, along with an excellent benefits package. How to applyApplicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/75954382