Willmott Dixon has an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator to join our management reporting team, to ensure the SQL infrastructure and database configurations are optimised and performing in accordance to the SLA and all backups and DR procedures are strictly adhered to.
If you're looking for a role that combines your love of IT and new technology, with the ability to use your problem solving and communication skills then this is the ideal role for you.
- Collaborate with the line manager in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of SQL infrastructure management.
- Support existing SQL infrastructure in accordance with any SLA in operation.
- Monitor proactively as well as reactively the current and any new SQL infrastructure.
- Perform data analysis and manipulation as required.
- Actively contribute to projects as required
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager's expectations.
Proven experience of:
- Delivery of technical projects.
- SQL server Management Studio
- Administration of SQL servers/clusters
- Design of relational database schema.
- Use of MS SQL database technologies.
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Following and understanding protocols and procedures.
- Relational dB's theory
- Knowledge of views/stored procedures
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline.
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations,
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve,
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks.
You will be able to:
- recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal,
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary,
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge,
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation,
- understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- Identify your customer's needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75949390