General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The role will incorporate a wide range of Supportability Analysis (SA) on both hardware and software to ensure supportability contract deliverables are met. The successful candidate will be a team player working within a multi-national engineering organisation which includes regular liaison with the customer community.
The role will also involve analysing and documenting the impact of software development on software supportability. Communications with other closely linked disciplines such as supply chain, safety and human factors will be evident throughout the programme
- General conduct of SA in-line with programme requirements
- System breakdown analysis and maintenance policy development
- Development of Scheduled / Unscheduled Maintenance Tasks
- LSAR Database population
- Review and analysis of software Reliability, Maintainability & Testability (RM&T) characteristics against requirements
- Ensure adherence to the software support UK Defence Standards and applicable handbooks
- Participation in software development meetings
- Provide input to the RM&T Case Report and the Supportability Case Report, including all relevant outputs from software development meetings
- Work with Systems Engineering to identify the impact of software development on software supportability
- A good understanding of the LSAR / EAGLE relational database
- Preparation and presentation of Supportability documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of software support related standards
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to work individually and within a team
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in ILS
- Working experience in SA / LSAR and ILS activities
- Willing to travel within the UK and possibly overseas
- Experience in software design and development
- Understanding of related disciplines such as supply chain, safety and human factors
- Appreciation of all Defence Lines of Development
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.