EL / PL Fee Earner
To deal with EL/PL matters form inception through to settlement and/or trial.
To represent clients who have been injured at work or in a public place when it was not their fault in order to obtain compensation effectively on their behalf.
· Ability to run issued, fast track matters with minimal supervision.
· To manage all stages of the litigation process form portal submission to full litigation at court.
· To effectively act upon court directions and to prepare matters for trial
· Liaising with Insurance Companies and Defendant Solicitors verbally and written
· Action Tasks on a daily basis
· Review files fully and identify next steps and put this in action.
· Sending out relevant letters to clients, insurance companies, witnesses, police etc.
· Inbound and outbound client contact throughout their claim
· Reviewing medical records, medical reports, police reports etc.
· Legal Knowledge of the EL/PL portal process
· Legal knowledge of the CPR and fast-track litigation process
· Ability to use: Word, Outlook, Excel
· Experience of working in a fast paced, target driven environment
· Attention to detail
· Organisation and admin skills
· Communication skills: written and verbal
· Ability to work individually or part as a team
· Experience of using Proclaim case management system
· Legal knowledge of compensation claims system
· Experience of running EL/PL claims
· Knowledge of LASPO