Head of Data Governance
MBN Solutions have been engaged by a highly reputable and well known Financial Services client to recruit a Head of Data Governance to be a part of their CDO function based in Edinburgh.
The Head of Data Governance will be vital in setting the strategic and operational direction for Data Governance, working with a range of senior stakeholders to shape and deliver the Data Governance model in an effective and efficient manner, providing leadership to a small, central and critical Data Governance team, and ensuring the Data Governance framework complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. The Head of Data Governance will be the critical link between multiple design authorities, steering committees and working groups internally.
The Head of Data Governance will have experience in the following:
- Significant Data Management & Governance experience in a large and highly regulated organisation
- Experience developing and delivering a data governance strategy within a regulated environment
- Experience developing and maintaining effective Data Governance policies, procedures and guidance
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in relevant legislation and data governance standards
- A strong awareness and understanding of conduct risk
- Ensuring safe and governed use of data throughout the business
- Proven leadership or management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship management skills including a proven ability to influence at a Senior Management and Executive level
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75694037