FS Audit Senior, BDO Bristol
The Financial Services Team is growing rapidly. The FS Audit Senior works as part of an FS team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The FS Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
The candidate will be expected to study for and complete the accounting qualification and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given..
• Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records.
• Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
• Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
• Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
• Review regulatory capital and CASS reporting and review the FCA Handbook and client permissions.
• Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
• Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group..
• Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
• Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
• Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
• Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
• Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
• Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
• Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
• Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or CTS.
• Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
• Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
• Some experience in internal audit.
• Experience in report writing.
• Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
Experience in FS