Family Law Solicitor
Our client has a vacancy for a Family Law Solicitor, working alongside Director to establish and develop the Family Law Department at the Northampton and Milton Keynes offices. You will provide advice to clients upon all aspects of Family law, with particular reference to divorce, ancillary relief, children, cohabitation disputes and civil partnerships.
• To deliver practical services of outstanding quality which are focused on the client's needs; keeping client's informed of progress at all times and giving timely advice on issues relevant to them.
• To advise and represent clients on all family matters both pre marriage/ living together and post separation, with reference to financial matters, children, property, domestic violence and civil partnerships.
• To effectively handle own caseload, to assist Director where required and to refer work to other fee earners as appropriate.
• To agree fee income targets with the Director and to achieve them.
• To ensure that bills are presented to clients on a regular basis as agreed and costs collected.
• To create and implement a yearly marketing plan to promote services to existing and potential clients and to promote and enhance the firm's reputation within the community.
• To develop the skills and qualities of subordinates.
• To keep up to date with relevant changes in the law and ensure that these are communicated to others within the department and to comply with all professional requirements.
• To consider matters of general concern to the partnership and bring them to the attention of the Board.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Skills / Experience
• Good organisational skills including effective time management and management of budgets
• Active team participant
• Experienced at negotiation, advocacy, drafting, research, application of legal principals, oral and written communication.
• Good interpersonal skills essential for promoting client relationships and for working within a team.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/74871518