Data Architect - (Financial Services)
A Data Architect / Enterprise Data Architect is needed to join a renowned insurance group based in Reigate, Surrey. Expect to play a key role in ensuring an up-to-date data strategy that supports their next generation customer interface.
Founded in 2000 this leading insurance and price comparison group employ more than 1600 people across three sites in the UK. Although well-established their culture is still akin to a lean and flat start-up with an approachable management team and great benefits. They are now seeking a talented Data Architect / Enterprise Data Architect to provide key input in improving their analytics capability.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Architecture the Data Architect / Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for the speed at which data can be collected, analysed and made available to support business processes. With a cloud first strategy, considerable presence in AWS, a short term goal to host their entire warehouse on to a single high performance platform (Oracle Exadata technology) and expansion plans to other clouds, you will play a vital role in managing data across several platforms.
To qualify.You should be a Data Architect / Enterprise Data Architect / Data Centre Architect / Oracle Data Architect / Data Engineer / Operations Engineer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Data Architect role;
- Knowledge of compliance / new rules like GDPR is important;
- Experience with Oracle database technology / SQL;
- Experience of Enterprise and Solution Architecture;
- The ability to develop a strategy for their digital journey and communicate this through the business and to project members;
- Experience of moving data – ETL / Talend / Goldengate;
- Experience with analysis and reporting tools – Tableau, SAS;
- Knowledge of unstructured data, data lakes, use of social data;
- Knowledge of operational Data Stores;
- Experience of using data to drive improved customer experiences, multi-channel integration, exposure and reduction of fraud, intelligent contact centre customer handling;
- Experience of working in an agile methodology;
- Some exposure to data in the digital/services world – near real time analysis etc.
Exposure to a regulated industry, ideally insurance would be an advantage.
With an inclusive culture, Data Architect / Enterprise Data Architect the can expect a superb working environment offering great benefits and a highly competitive salary.