E- Learning /VLE
E- Learning/VLE Technologist
Salary: £22,009 pa
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Full Time or significant part time applications will be considered.
We are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the UK's best performing colleges and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. We are truly an employer of choice, and this remains one of our top priorities.
We are looking for an E Learning Technologist to drive innovation & support the technical enhancement learners' experience. To administer the VLE & e-learning resources.
1. Assist in the administration of the VLE; creating courses, assigning roles, setting permissions. Monitoring the use of the VLE and provide regular reports on usage and course compliance.
2. Supporting the curriculum and wider college staffing body in their use of blended learning and learning technology. Creating learning materials (online / offline), providing classroom training (CPD) and advising on the technologies available.
3. Keeping abreast of E-Learning developments; conducting appropriate research and testing in order to make sound recommendations for collegiate adoption.
4. Representing both the team and the college at meetings, seminars, trade shows and other events, as appropriate.
5. Assisting the Head of ICT with general team activities. These include, by way of example, the preparation of internal & external bids, coordination of college projects and delivery of training events.
For further information, please refer to the job description. Press APPLY and full details will be sent to you.
It is essential that you have Level 3 Qualification in IT or related subject as well as a Level 2 in English and Maths.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension schemes.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS check which is currently £44.
Closing Date: 17th September 2017
Interview Date: To be confirmed