Graduate Teacher Internship
Get SET For Teaching Success….
0.6FTE Graduate Teacher Internship - SET For Teaching Success Programme
£22,206 pro rata per annum (£13,323.60 per annum) plus £1000 completion payment after 12 months (subject to successful completion of funded PGCE, which applicants will undertake in their non-contracted time)
22.2 hours per week (3 days per week)
Our one year further education teacher training programme is unrivalled and will sponsor you to gain a teaching qualification and unmatched practical experience.
As part of a national specialist recruitment programme called "SET for Teaching Success" an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital technology Lecturer of the future to join Blackburn College.
Best of all, this one year programme is fully funded meaning you can study your PGCE at no additional cost.
We are looking to recruit graduates with degrees or individuals with considerable industry experience in Digital Technologywho are:
- Passionate about their subject and want to inspire others.
- Committed to delivering excellence in Teaching, Learning and Assessment.
- Looking to teach in a College or Sixth Form
- Interested in a prestigious paid internship in order to train for free.
- Able to demonstrate the potential to be exceptional teachers and lecturers of students aged 16+.
You will receive unique teacher training and support opportunities including:
- A Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
- Mentoring support;
- 1 week industry placement
- Residential conference and CPD days which will support the development of your subject knowledge and teaching practice;
- A salary for the duration of the programme equivalent to £22,206 pro rata per annum
- £1000 completion payment after 12 months (subject to successful completion of funded PGCE, which applicants will undertake in their non-contracted time)
You will be employed by Blackburn College for the duration of the programme on a one year fixed term contract, with the potential to be offered a permanent role at the end.
How To Apply
For full details just press APPLY we shall send you the small print and programme information documents.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 18 September 2017
Scheduled Interview Date: Likely to take place on Tuesday 26 September 2017
Candidates successful at the shortlisting stage will be invited to attend an interview and deliver a mini-teach, on a topic to be advised.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
As an individual you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Blackburn College values diversity and is committed to creating a diverse workforce.