Head of Global Mobility Operations
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Head of Global Mobility Operations, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will work with all members of GM and other key stakeholders (both internal and external), they will deliver GM operational services to the Global GM team and to lead GM global projects and initiatives and provide specialist support and expertise on key HR wide projects. The role holder will be a member of the GM Senior Leadership Team and they will act as a referral point for the global GM team, Group Performance and Reward (GPR), HRGs and IAs regarding complex queries on assignee compensation and the GM technology platform. They will develop / maintain clearly defined and globally consistent processes, ensuring that these align to policy and are adhered to by all GM teams. The role holder is also responsible for overall delivery of GM Central Operations (Cops) team by ensuring strong operational risk management; effective performance management and ensuring that all quality and turnaround time PLAs are achieved and they will provide thought leadership and expertise to help deliver world class programs and processes for assignees, their families and business and HR stakeholders. They will drive cost reduction across the GM platform globally, through adoption of centralised operational processing, application of standardised processes and delivery of a consistent service model. The role holder will manage the annual pay review exercise for IAs and International Transfers by working closely with GPR, Regional Reward teams, Central and regional payroll teams and the global Tax service provider. They will also ensure the MI needs of GB/GF/HOST are met by helping design reports that provide analysis and critical insight on demographics of assignee population, costs of assignment and performance of assignees to enable business to determine the return on their mobility investments.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Functional Expertise – Successful and extensive track record of delivering Global Mobility.
- Experience of working within fast-moving, complex and demanding corporate environments where operational international issues have to be handled on a large scale, and with a need to multi-task and deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma principles
- Experience of managing significant transformation and change programmes across dispersed entities, winning buy-in at the top and driving it against resistance in a global and matrixed environment.
- Experience of diverse regulatory frameworks in large multi-nationals.
- Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of the external environment, the competitive landscape and broad macro-economic trends and an understanding of the use of this knowledge to create competitive advantage
- Experience of, or exposure to, leading consultancies that set stretch benchmarks.
- Extensive experience of international expatriate personal tax and social security. Preferably gained in a big 4 consulting environment.
- Experienced in managing departmental finances, major supplier negotiations and contract management.
- Experience of delivering HR solutions through the design and application of process and technology.
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying and implementing controls to mitigate such risks.
Closing dates for applications: 2nd October 2017