Embedded Software Engineer - Space Software
6 days left
- Full Time
Embedded Software Engineer / Embedded C Developer - Space Software
An Embedded Software Engineer / Embedded C Developer is needed to join a specialist in the space software industry based in Edinburgh and Dundee (you can choose which office you work from). Expect a unique opportunity developing the next generation of spacecraft flight software.
With over 6 years' experience in the space industry, this innovative business has global clients that range from universities and space agencies to commercial organisation and start-ups. Offering solutions that cover technologies for spacecraft, flight software development, mission control and simulation software, they are truly changing the way that software is developed in the space industry.
Joining as a key member of the research and development team the Embedded Software Engineer / Embedded C Developer will be responsible for developing elements of their spacecraft flight software, in particular those that interface directly with hardware or the operating system. Utilising your technical expertise and communication skills you will shape new innovative products whilst having a pivotal say in the future of the company.
The primary implementation language is C, although a working knowledge of Python and / or Java would be useful as these languages are used in their tooling.
To qualify. You should be an Embedded Software Engineer / Embedded C Developer / Software Engineer / C Software Engineer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience of developing and debugging embedded /real–time systems;
- Experience with a wide range of hardware platforms and operating systems;
- You are proficient in C;
- Experience in the development of high quality code;
- Experience with a range of interfacing technologies and communications protocols;
- The ability to interpret datasheets, interface control documents, protocol definitions, design specifications etc;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- A self-motivated, proactive and “can-do” attitude;
- Excellent problem solving ability;
- You are a strong team player.
Any exposure to space systems, either in a commercial or academic context would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Embedded Software Engineer / Embedded C Developer looking to develop their skills in an in-house role within a globally recognised organisation. In return expect 30 days holiday, pension (6% employer contribution), the opportunity to own a part of the business, flexible working and an environment that is based on merit and inclusiveness, where all employees can develop their full potential!
More jobs like this
- Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 Research & Analysis Media & Advertising jobs in Edinburgh
- Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 Research & Analysis Technology & New Media jobs in Edinburgh
- Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 Research & Analysis Engineering jobs in Edinburgh
- Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 Research & Analysis Public Sector jobs in Edinburgh
- Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 Research & Analysis Travel, Leisure & Tourism jobs in Edinburgh