Infrastructure Solution Architect
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Infrastructure Solution Architect, based in Sheffield
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will manage and optimise the portfolio of infrastructure per business unit driving operational improvement and cost efficiencies. They will support the CMB (Commercial Banking Solutions Architect) global portfolio of work, to meet Business demand and they will investigate new infrastructure technologies to meet CMB’s business requirements. The role holder will provide technical governance over the Products used through the Technical Reference Model (TRM) and will provide service governance of both existing and new technical non-functional service definitions maintained within an Infrastructure Service Catalogue. They will also be required to write Infrastructure Architecture Designs, approved by the Solutions Architecture Board (SAB) and to manage relationships across IT, Architecture and CMB Application Development team on an on-going basis. The role holder will need to keep up to date with business strategies & road maps; technology roadmaps and feeding wider business IT requirements into central infrastructure engineering and strategy teams and use knowledge of the exiting business applications and infrastructure to make pro-active recommendations where improvements can be made.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- A good understanding of global banking (Commercial Bank background preferable). Able to translate business needs into appropriate IT solutions
- Experience in Networking (Cisco, TCP/UDP, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN)
- Experience in Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux, Windows, Solaris), CPU Microarchitectures (Intel, AMD, SPARC) & Server Virtulization (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Experience in Storage (EMC SAN – FC, FCoE, iSCSI, SRDF; NetApp NAS - CIFS, NFS)
- Experience in Databases (Oracle & MS SQL; VCS & MSCS)
- Experience in Cloud (Google GCP, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Experience in setting and achieving challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeds the standards in their field
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Built effective networks and have experience in creating opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
Closing dates for applications: 22nd September 2017