Business Finance Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Business Finance Manager in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will be responsible for business partnering for the liabilities product lines. They will create monthly financial analysis, revising annual forecast and Annual Operating Plans for the Business Management Team, as well as maintain product cost analysis and make recommendations for driving further cost efficiencies. They will also support any financial analysis needed for regulatory and government reporting.
The role holder will support the development of business strategy and maintain analyses of market shares of stock and flows of each product line, and they will provide the necessary support to management with relevant analysis of balance sheet issues, including funding and market risk as well as assessment on profitability arising from changes in the interest rate structure.
The role holder will also support the product management team to ensure liabilities businesses are compliant with current regulatory requirements required by law, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). They will liaise with UK Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Head of Business Finance and UK Liabilities Product Managers and improve standard reporting & analysis, ensuring that the UK is managing appropriately in accordance with RBWM FIM, Group Standard Manual (GSM), target business model and finance operating model.
The role holder will also support UK RBWM Business Finance team’s performance, engagement and overall development, as well as the development of Business Finance capability and resourcing within UK as appropriate to ensure country UK executive team adequately supported by Business Finance. They will be expected to functionally aligning with local / regional finance teams and/or accounting officers to understand interpret, and provide global direction and support, driving towards global consistency and common frameworks. They will be expected to identify, transfer and foster sharing of best practice across regions.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Experience working in relevant role and environment/s, i.e. Savings, Liabilities.
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Large corporate or small liabilities department.
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), relevant degree, PQE, etc.
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
- A comprehensive understanding of business finance and management information and an ability to use this information to inform decisions and deliver efficiencies/savings.
Closing dates for applications: 7th September 2017