To provide pastoral support and mentoring to your tutor group to assist in in overcoming their barriers to success.
Job Expires: 25 August 2017 @ 11:59PM
£22,009 per annum pro rata
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
We have several full time positions available to join our Personal Tutor team.
We also have 1 role to cover a period of maternity leave starting October 2017.
1. Provide 1:1 support to an allocated caseload of tutees
2. Provide group tutorial input to allocated tutees
3. Proactively engage in Partnership of Support by acting as first port of call for parent/carers of allocated tutees and the intermediary between them and other college staff.
4. Monitor tutee attendance, retention and achievement in subjects and other areas.
5. Support tutee progression by development of their skills and oversight of employment or higher education applications and destinations.
6. Make and support appropriate referrals to Student Services and outside specialist agencies.
It is essential that you hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in youth work, teaching, training or a related discipline. You are also required to have a minimum Level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
We are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the UK's best performing colleges and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. We are truly an employer of choice, and this remains one of our top priorities.
New College offers everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension schemes.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS check which is currently £44.
Closing Date: 25th August 2017
Interview Date: 8th September 2017