Associate Director, FIG (Financial Institution Group) Advisory
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate Director, FIG (Financial Institution Group) Advisory, based in London
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will work within the EMEA FIG Advisory team to assist in the execution and origination of M&A transactions, with a particular emphasis on the Insurance sector, supporting the FIG Advisory team. They will conduct financial analysis by overseeing the development of company valuations and creating/analysing financial models. The role holder will undertake industry research and conduct fundamental industry research and qualitative analyses. Using marketing materials they will lead the preparation of presentations and other materials for clients. The role holder will carry out transaction execution and manage the drafting of transaction marketing materials (e.g. Information memorandum and management presentation) and prepare analyses for clients on sell- and buy-side M&A transactions. They will interact with clients by attending client presentations for marketing purposes when required and interacting with clients and various levels of management on the execution of transactions as an integral part of the engagement team. They will take an active role in process management and lead the process management of transactions (e.g. managing Q&A due diligence processes, coordinating meetings, communicating and sharing information between large numbers of parties in a fast paced environment). The role holder will keep up to date with the M&A markets and news flow and they will assist where appropriate leading various M&A team tasks and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Significant experience in financial services, particularly working within a FIG sector team on event driven transactions
- A good knowledge of corporate finance, including valuation and financial modelling
- A good understanding of company financials and ability to navigate through financial statements
- A strong understanding and experience of M&A execution (i.e. buyside, sellside, private and public deals)
- A strong understanding of the financial markets
- Leadership experience and track-record (e.g. in current role or as part of academics/extracurricular activities)
Closing dates for applications: 4th September 2017