Treasurer and Company Secretary
About the organisation
Kingston Carers’ Network (KCN) is a local registered charity, providing independent information, advice, advocacy and support to people who care for someone living in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. We support carers of all ages, including young carers aged 5 to 18.
We are also committed to ensuring that carers have a stronger voice, and so we offer a range of opportunities for carers to have a say in the way health, social care and carers’ services are run in the borough. We represent our carers’ views across the borough to ensure that local decision-makers fully consider the needs of carers.
About the role
Kingston Carers Network is recruiting a Treasurer / Company Secretary to join their board to provide support on finance related matters. Providing sound financial management to the board is essential in ensuring the organisation can continue to carry out the invaluable work they do to support people of all ages who care for someone. You will be joining a friendly and welcoming team who all share a passion for the work of the organisation. Trustees are also encouraged to attend the continuing events and activities which are held throughout the year by the organisation. For example, drama events and outings which are provided for young carers. Attendance at events such as these is encouraged as we feel it is important for our Trustees to see firsthand the work of the organisation and the impact KCN has on its beneficiaries.
You will need to be available 10 – 20 hours per month. In addition to this you will also need to be able to attend monthly board meetings.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Experience of working in the Finance sector.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Dedicated to the organisations cause and objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy, understanding of HR issues, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Apply for Treasurer and Company Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly