Head of Business Finance
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Head of Business Finance – UK Commercial Banking (CMB), based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role will be focused on business partnering, strategic advice, supporting and driving business performance. The individual will lead and build a high performance business finance function that can support the business efficiently and effectively. They will support the team to make sound business decision making by providing insightful business performance analytics, highlighting risks and opportunities, and providing strong commercial finance support (e.g. pricing, competitive analysis, client and product profitability, portfolio management).
The role holder will ensure effective allocation of resources (including balance sheet growth, strategic investment decisions and budget allocation) to optimize returns for the firm and shareholders. They will own the business strategic planning and forecasting processes, including target setting, financial projections / stress testing, and other strategic planning, and investor relations.
The role holder will be expected to support business development activities related to acquisitions and divestitures and play a strategic role in evaluating financial success of core strategies and key investments.
They will oversee regulatory capital usage including understanding the potential impact of any regulatory and business model changes, lead annual financial planning process and estimate update for the UK including preparation of summary analytics and presentations.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Varied finance career with exposure across multiple finance disciplines (i.e. Financial Accounting & Control; Business Information & Analysis; Financial & Regulatory Reporting; Capital Management & Taxation; legal entity CFO; Accounting Policy; Change Management) and ideally exposure to living and working overseas given the global nature of the role.
- A formally recognised finance qualification
- Outstanding leadership skills, demonstrating ability to use initiative and effect change through people in a large matrix organisation.
- Ability to highlight problems but more importantly offer solutions, and drive through their execution in a collective environment
- Strong management information background, both in terms of required content, production processes and understanding what drives the numbers reported
- Solid controls background (internal & external audit experience is ideal)
- Strategic thinker and pragmatic implementer able to develop efficient methods of bringing about change
- Knowledge of Commercial Banking business and products
- Experience at a senior level in a complex, global banking organisation
Closing date for this role: 29th August 2017