About the organisation
We’re the UK’s leading relationships charity, providing support for people of all ages, backgrounds and sexual orientations. Last year more than 1.5 million people accessed our information, support and counselling.
Our vision is a future in which healthy relationships are actively promoted as the heart of a thriving society.
Our mission is to develop and support healthy relationships by:
- Helping couples, families and individuals to make relationships work better.
- Delivering inclusive, high-quality services that are relevant at every stage of life.
- Helping both the public and policymakers to improve their understanding of relationships and what makes them flourish.
About the role
Relate is seeking a Treasurer who can provide leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees in terms of financial planning and strategy. As a co-opted member of the Board of Trustees, the role of Treasurer is not confined solely to financial matters. Indeed, strong financial governance touches every aspect of our services and underpins the quality and range of our services as well as our strength as a national charity. As such, we expect the Treasurer to weigh in on important decisions which affect the governance of the organisation as whole. For this reason, the Treasurer will play an essential part in the future of Relate, not only as someone who will maintain oversight of the financial viability of our organisation, but as a strategic thinker, a team player and as a dynamic member of our dedicated board of trustees.
It is anticipated that the Treasurer will contribute an average of 10 days per year not including preparation for board meetings and ad hoc liaison with senior staff and fellow board members as required.
Whilst we are open to applications from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, strong and demonstrable financial management expertise is essential. In addition, experience in strategy, governance, business development, legal, risk and change management would be also useful.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply for this role, please supply the following:
• A supporting statement demonstrating your motivation and interest in the role as well as explaining how you believe your skills and experience directly address the requirements expressed in the person specification.
• A comprehensive CV, ideally highlighting relevant achievements in each role. Please include details of two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior knowledge or consent)