Lecturer - Electrical
Salary Range: £27,234 - £35,235 per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent and Full-Time
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects - from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE's and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve "Outstanding" status after being classified as "Good" in our first inspection last year.
SGS College's Electrical Department have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to join the team.
- To undertake all forms of pedagogic work which may include classroom teaching, tutorial work and associated outreach duties, residential, open and distance learning courses and student placements
- To ensure the associated organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking is undertaken
- To provide the appropriate student welfare and academic/nonacademic counselling responsibilities
- To undertake an annual teaching workload of 828 (pro rata for part-time)
- To conduct curriculum development work including identification of consumer requirements, planning, development and evaluation of courses and course materials
For a comprehensive list of duties, please refer to the college job description.
- Vocationally qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Installation.
- You will be required to obtain a Stage 3 full professional qualification (PGCE in post-16 education or equivalent) within 2-4 years of commencing lecturing duties within the College.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Teaching qualification
- Assessor qualification
The role requires you to deliver up to Level 3 NVQ diploma and you may also deliver test and inspect and initial and periodic 17th edition, PAT testing. We deliver courses to students of all ages and pride ourselves on the quality and flexibility of our courses. If you would like the opportunity to put something back into the industry, support our students with their learning and be part of our growing success, please apply.
If you are interested just press APPLY we shall contact you by email with our application details.
Closing Date: Monday 14 August 2017 at 12 noon
Expected Interview Date: week commencing 21 August 2017
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.