Direct Sourcing/Buying Co ordinator
The main purpose of this role is to support the Head of Global Sourcing as well as the Buyers to help source their products and range direct with international manufactures. This is a fast paced role working within a motivated team who recognises rewards and success.
There is a team of 3 Project Co-ordinators that cover all the buying categories. As well as moving products over to Global Sourcing, it is the DI teams responsibility to deliver activities across their own specific areas as well as collectively optimise the number of international suppliers whilst also working through our nominated sourcing agents overseas.
Individuals must demonstrate the ability to work 'cross functionally’ with particular focus on buying, Supply Chain, Brand Artwork and a few others.
DI is seen as one of the businesses Key Business drivers and has individual targets to achieve outside those within the departments we support. DI’s company targets, revolve around a achieving an average of 20% sales participation by year end, to have 7,000 shu’s on sale by year end and deliver the companies savings of £1m COG’s.
- Maintain the database and systems folders weekly (Samples, Technical files, QA, Certs, PSDS)
- Manage Multiple projects with preferred agents and suppliers
- Identify and deliver DI sourcing opportunities, Product group based crossing multiple Buying areas
- Improve efficiencies in the DI operation as well as other areas we work with
- Support and lead our sourcing agents abroad to improve their processes and value
- Effective sample management.
To apply for this role, some of the essential skills are:
- Previous experience of working within a Global Sourcing/Supply Chain/Buying department
- Previous Sourcing experience
- Strong organisation & administration skills
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Attention to details & accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Flexible in approach
- Confident communication skills at all levels
- Computer literate, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet etc
- Good interpersonal skills
Own transport essential.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.