A Payroll Officer job based in West Sussex paying £30k
Your new company
A leading local educational institute are looking for a Payroll Officer at their site in West Sussex due to an internal restructure.
Your new role
You will be responsible for a payroll of circa 400 staff.
- Input and update of staff records
- Payslip distribution and letters to staff
- Time sheets and overtime
- SSP/ non-medical absence/ annual leave/ maternity and paternity pay
- Pension /Tax and NI returns
- All aspects of pension auto enrolment
- Timely HMRC, pension and related payments
- Notification of pay rises
- Arrival packs for new staff
- General correspondence to staff on salary matters
- Full understanding of budgeted staff numbers and salaries by department and reconciliations between actuals and budget
- Pensions TPS audit certificate
- TPS annual salaries
Annual audit - prepare any external auditor requests
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience of dealing with complex payroll processes and queries within a payroll department. Extensive knowledge of statutory payments & deductions including SSP, SMP, Tax, NI, etc and experience of Auto-enrolment is also preferred.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a very competitive salary of £30,000 plus generous benefits such as 5 weeks annual leave and 5% contributory pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.