Deputy Nursery Manager
Senior Deputy Nursery Manager required for a nursery in Kensington & Chelsea
StaffBank Recruitment are working with a Nursery situated in the Kensington & Chelsea area who is currently recruiting for a Senior Deputy Nursery Manager. They are open Monday to Friday, 07:30 - 19:00 and cater for up to 30 children.
The position as Senior Deputy Nursery Manager is not room based however the ideal candidate would be friendly, out-going and hands-on. You will also need to demonstrate how to build and develop strong relationships with the parents and staff and ensure all the Ofsted requirements are met throughout the setting.
Exciting benefits include:
- £27,000 - £32,000 per annum
- 20-25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent transport links nearby
- Dedicated support from the owner
Your role will include:
- Ensuring high standards of care and education of all the children in accordance with statutory requirements
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with children, parents and staff
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Ensuring the nurseries policies and procedures are followed throughout the setting and developing/implementing them if needed
- Contributing to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the nursery
- Ordering and maintaining equipment and resources
- Organising and monitoring students at the setting
- Identifying staff training needs and facilitate training opportunities
- Working closely with outside agencies
- Ensuring the nursery conforms to and exceeds the requirements of Ofsted
- Contributing and participating in the development of new ideas
- Keeping up to date on all childcare issues
- Ensuring that the ratios are maintained at all times
- Maintaining accurate and up to date personnel records for all employees within the nursery
- Providing constructive, honest feedback to support and encourage all the staff
- Managing staff annual leave requests to ensure staffing requirements are met
- Ensuring all staff carry out regular risk assessment checks both inside and outside the setting
All candidates must have:
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Deputy Nursery Manager or Nursery Manager is desired
- The ability to lead a team
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted requirements
- Good knowledge of Safeguarding procedures
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Great time keeping and attendance record
** Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the Senior Deputy Nursery Manager opportunity available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available **
We do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
StaffBank Recruitment Limited was founded in 2001 by Kim Hargie, Kim remains our current Director & has a very hands on approach to the business.
We are here to either find you that perfect Childcare position or supply temporary members of staff for your Early Years Nursery setting with the best candidates in the area.
Throughout the years we have built great relationships with our clients & supply staff to a number of settings, Private Day Nurseries, Local Authority, Hospital Day Nurseries, Creche’s, Early Years After School & Breakfast Clubs & much more. We are members of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation & hold the Gold Standard for Recruiting in line with REC Audited Education.