Graduate Analyst £18K-£20K Consulting, Private Equity London
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a leading professional services firm working in the private equity and investment management sector. They help firms optimise their systems and operations, across front, middle and back office. They also provide specialist advice and expertise around focus areas such as CRM, portfolio monitoring & fund administration.
This is a paid internship, offering £18-20K pro rata during the internship period, with opportunities to apply for a permanent role upon completion of the internship.
How you can expect to spend your day;
- Every intern receives comprehensive induction where they learn more about the business, their clients and their industry. They also assign you a buddy from their existing team to help ensure your first week goes well!
- You will begin by looking at a typical project lifecycle. They will introduce you to their project toolkit and help you to learn more about best practice project and programme management techniques
- They will set specific research assignments for the duration of your internship so that you can look into each element of the project lifecycle in more detail and find a recent case study from one of our projects to bring this to life
- You will also spend time with their analysts to understand business analysis processes and how these are used to help improve their clients’ operations. Their analysts often support on data analysis and data migration projects, so you will see one of these first-hand and learn more about how we work with data to improve the quality of information available to our clients
- Once you’ve learnt the ropes, you will also have the opportunity to support one of their internal projects, giving you the chance to practice your skills and put your knowledge to the test!
- All of their interns are invited to take part in our Academy sessions. They run regular training calls and study groups, so they will help you choose a topic you’d like to learn more about, then set you up with one of their ‘subject matter experts’ to guide your learning journey
- Along the way, you may be invited to attend one of their regular networking events or take part in client entertaining. They also meet once a month for a full company meeting and social event afterwards. It’s a good opportunity to catch up with others who you may not be working with day to day, and learn more about what they do and who they do it for.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Ideally you’ll have completed or be working towards a degree in a related topic, such as Finance, Accounting, Business, Technology or Economics. They don’t rule out any degree subject, but you will be expected to demonstrate a genuine interest in consulting
- You may have previous project management experience; perhaps you organised an event at university or a trip abroad with some friends
- Candidates with internship experience or work experience at similar firms will be at an advantage
- You will have excellent attention to detail and be comfortable working with both qualitative and quantitative data. You must be a confident user of Microsoft Excel; they test for this during the selection process so it’s worth brushing up now! Expect to be tested on pivot tables, analysing simple data sets and calculating normalised data
- They expect all of their interns to have a high standard of written communication and be competent users of Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- A note on what they're not looking for - their firm does not get involved in deal making, so this opportunity is not suitable for interns seeking a career in a front office private equity role. Unless of course, you’re open to being persuaded that consulting is more fun!
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- This is a highly-prized internship, offering the chance to work within an industry that is notoriously difficult to break into without prior experience. The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience in project management and access to their in-house training academy, covering various consulting techniques and PE subjects.
- They operate from a very trendy little office in Angel, with excellent transport links & a fantastic coffee place on the ground floor. There will also be opportunities to visit or work from client sites and where appropriate, they will involve you in client-facing meetings and presentations.
- Finally, they are small (ish) company with big growth plans and an internship is a great way to suss out whether or not you would be interested in a future career with them.