Channels & Content Editor
We’ve got a brilliant opportunity for an experienced channels and content professional and leader to join a corporate communications team for a leading UK bank. The Channels and Content Editor is a key leadership role with responsibility for developing, planning and managing all internal digital channels, including the Intranet and internal social media.
The role holder will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player with extensive experience of writing for, running and managing digital content and social media channels. A strong technical background in Content Management Systems and social media management tools is also a key requirement. This is a truly business wide role and will be the main expert on internal digital corporate communications for the UK business.
Their people are passionate about truly listening to their customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn’t happen unless they all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That’s why they’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond - every day.
As a Channels and Content Editor your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for owning and driving the Internal Communications channel strategy, including the intranet, apps, mobile and email communications and developing content plans for the Intranet, working collaboratively with Media Relations, Public Affairs, CSR and with other business functions
- Ability to work with Technology & Operations to deliver projects and changes in a structured, timely and cost effective manner and developing and managing an app strategy for the business
- Responsible for driving thought leadership as a subject matter expert in new and emerging social media channels and technologies and working closely with the senior leadership team to create innovative content that encourages action across a variety of platforms and channels
- Maintaining a digital editorial calendar and establishing a clear approach to governance and policy
- Responsible for high quality content writing and also acts as the quality manager for all content published on the intranet and associated internal social media channels.
- Accountable for delivery of all intranet / social media analytics and reporting of key trends / recommendations for improvement to senior management
Minimum skills and experience required
- Experience of leading digital projects and delivering digital content in a corporate environment with a strong knowledge of search, social media, audio and visual content creation and mobile user experience
- Direct experience of developing, re-platforming and managing a high profile corporate intranet, both content creation and deployment and proven knowledge and experience of digital communication channels such as (Facebook at Work, Yammer, Office 365 and Google Analytics etc) and using social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Facebook Business Manager to ensure best practice, technical requirements and processes
- Proven knowledge and experience of digital communications best and emerging practice, technical requirements and processes
- Demonstrable experience of using Content Management Systems such as PANDA and WordPress, excellent editing and writing experience for corporate intranet, particularly related to internal communications
- Strong analytical skills in relation to processing data for content, social media platforms and audience measurement techniques
- Demonstrable line management / team leadership experience
To send your CV please click on 'apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.