Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
Since this is at seed stage, and whilst salary is market competitive, my client will be looking to swap equity for salary in these early days - for the right Senior Software Engineer (might as well get that out early on). So you will need an appetite for risk and may well have made your money elsewhere and are now looking for another challenge.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you should be someone who believes they are ready to step up in career and wishes to take that step into being a founder. It really requires someone to roll up their sleeves, so not for the faint hearted, we should mention that you will come in as a Senior Software Engineer but rather quickly evolve into a CTO.
Existing founders have a track record of success and are well respected within London tech scene and MarTech. They have been through the start-up journey, have experience in starting something from scratch, in raising money (from seed to Series D - $70m) building business and scaling.
Role and Responsibilities:
What you will be doing as the Senior Software Engineer
• Owning the product vision and development
• Design the architecture that allows our platform to scale
• Manage the initial build of the beta version with remote development team
• Hire and manage in-house team to build out future versions of the platform
Experience and Skills:
As the Senior Software Engineer you will need:
• Proven track record in building market leading products (and ideally market leading consumer products at that)
• Experience with building products that scale across all platforms and formats
• Ability to be a player-manager in the early days to get product off the ground
• An eye for great UX and customer experience
• A passion for fitness and healthy living
It would be nice if there was experience with technologies such as:
• VOD/live streaming
• Online marketplaces
• Speech recognition
• Application of data science/deep learning