Agile Scrum Master
Agile Scrum Master
£67,929 - 78,303
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of our high profile, financial clients based in Central London as a Scrum Master.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation with more than 5.4 million customers in the UK and be part of a brand which is fast becoming one of the most recognisable in the industry.
Essentially our client helps customers be better with credit, providing products that responsibly meet their needs. Whether this is offering new ways of accessing credit with a leading retailer or providing tools to facilitate customers' management of their accounts, they continuously strive to help customers responsibly make the most of their credit.
Due to a large amount of funds which have been injected into the client they are looking to grow substantially over the next year. For that reason they are looking for a Scrum Master to join the organisation and help them in their Digital Evolution.
As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of exciting and extremely technical projects. You will organise stand ups and Scrum events as and when required, ensuring the team adheres to practices and rules. You will share your knowledge with the wider teams, coaching and developing colleagues, so that they adopt, understand and appreciate the Scrum methodology. As our client move forward you will play an important part in guiding and facilitating the changes into a more Agile way of working.
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Be able to operate in a hybrid software delivery environment with either a deliverable focus or priority of scope focus.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers and how to get the most out of self organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to aid the removal
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining(aka grooming) and managing the product backlog
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of software design and development
- Knowledge of agile development practices - TDD / BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics, agile test frameworks, etc.
- Proven technical and team leadership
- Delivery focused
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Familiarity of Project Management in a Lean/Agile environment
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- A good understanding and appreciation of emerging technology
- Good Degree IT, Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master Status, preferably Certified Scrum Master Professional/Professional Scrum Master Level II, or Certified Scrum Master Coach
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Familiarity with Sprint planning tools such as Jira
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Come from a Software Engineering background
- Any other certification will be an advantage in Project management (Prince2, APMG, PMP, etc)
If you would like to discuss this position further please do not hesitate to contact Ryan on .