Purchase Ledger Supervisor/Team Leader
One of our well established and ever-growing clients based in Weymouth are looking for a Purchase Ledger Supervisor/Team Leader supervise the Accounts Payable team that consists of 3 members of staff.
Purpose of job: -
- Responsible for the efficient running of the Purchase Ledger function
- Additional project responsibilities relating to SAP implementation and new expenses system
Main Responsibilities: -
- Responsible for the efficient running of the Purchase Ledger function.
- Supervision of a team of three purchase ledger clerks
- Bank reconciliations
- Generation of BACS and foreign payment runs
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- KPI reporting
- Continuous training and development of the Purchase Ledger team.
- Review of GRNI, Invoice Suspense, Creditor Ledger
- Liaison with suppliers and various ASM Assembly Systems personnel in order to ensure the timely resolution of price/quantity/signing authority issues.
- Reconciliation to supplier statements
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of payables’ data and control procedures as required.
- Role will broaden out with time to include more general accounting duties and ad hoc project work.
Personal Requirements: -
- Have recent knowledge of working in a Senior/Supervisor Purchase Ledger Role or at least be used to mentoring other members of the team.
- SAP experience an advantage
- Have strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent to include English Language and Maths.
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise, evidence of track record of working on own initiative and achieving regular/routine tasks on time.
- Has a logical approach to problem solving, works methodically.
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Possess drive and enthusiasm while undertaking routine tasks.
- Able to build stable and useful working relationships.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively face to face, in writing and on the telephone with people at various levels in an organisation.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to fulfil the above requirements, please contact Adelle on or email