Multi-Site Retail Maintenance Electrician (East Anglia)
4 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Multi-Site Retail Maintenance Electrician
Location: East Anglia - Ideal person will be based in or close to Ipswich or Norwich
Salary: Between £28,750-£31,000 (depending on experience) plus Company Van, Pension, Health Plan
Our client is a market leading Facilities Management company enjoying substantial growth with an impressive multi-site customer base.
As a result of continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Multi-Site Maintenance Electrician to provide building/electrical maintenance services for approximately 10 Large Retail Superstores in the East Anglia region, ideal candidates will be based in the Ipswich / Norwich area as this is central to the patch.
This role is responsible for maintaining and repairing a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment, including building services, within a number of retail Superstores in a defined geography. The successful candidate will demonstrate the highest standards of health and safety, with a passion for delivery service excellence/
- To undertake regular planned visits, completing PPM tasks and minor repairs requested by the Client;
- To undertake a variety of legal compliance electrical testing, including emergency lighting, portable appliance, fixed wiring and in-house servicing of equipment;
- To undertake a variety of electrical repairs arising from periodic inspection and testing;
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, developing a good working relationship with the Helpdesk and Client site teams;
- To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, on time and to the laid-down procedures;
- To respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and undertake repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible;
- To prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed response times and, in the case of major delays, liaise with your Supervisor / Manager for direction;
- Ordering and maintenance of materials, tools and equipment, in accordance with company procedures;
- To advise the Helpdesk where 3rd party contractor attendance is needed, either for quotation or to effect specialist repairs, and to provide the job specification;
- To manage the attendance of subcontractors and to ensure they undertake works to the agreed standards and within budgeted costs;
- To carry out remedial works, minor alterations and installations;
- To advise where capital purchases are needed as equipment is at the end of its life.
- To undertake surveys and reports as requested.
- Where applicable, to maintain asset registers ensuring all equipment is tagged.
This role will require:
- A high degree of flexibility in working hours and tasks, working on an on-call rota (1 in every 4 weeks)
- The ability to self-manage, use initiative and prioritise effectively
- High degree of mobility, travelling throughout the area and driving the company supplied vehicle
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- A commitment to excellence in Health and Safety standard
Candidates must be 17th edition qualified and must be a time served qualified electrician with an appropriate City and Guilds qualification.
2391/2394/5 Testing and Inspection qualification would be desirable but is not essential.
Ideal candidates will have previous electrician maintenance experience in a retail environment / multi-site role.
Candidates must hold a full and valid driving licence.
To apply please send an up to date CV to Paul Davidson at PDA Search and Selection Limited.