Senior Oracle / MySQL DBA - Staines
2 days left
- Full Time
My client are changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, they help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
They are disruptive. They work hard but try not to take themselves too seriously. The team are highly adaptable and constantly evolving but most of all they are passionate about their product and customers.
Based in Staines my client are seeking a skilled Senior Database Administrator.
Main Duties of the Role
- Responsible for all general database administration functions associated Oracle/MySQL systems including security, back-up, logging, reporting and recovery procedures
- Work on Infrastructure activities like upgrading, restoring/syncing/replicating data for migration
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance through server configurations, index/query changes, etc.
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations, come up with strategic solutions to recurring technical alerts/issues
- Monitors capacity and performance for production and non-production databases to ensure they are highly reliable, efficient, cost effective, and provide the required functionality.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve database performance by identifying tuning measures and implementing them when appropriate.
- Test upgrades/new releases of database software and related products. Assess impacts to customers overall database environment.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for production support
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following; data management, data sciences, information technology, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years working as a DBA in MYSQL/Oracle
- Expert at Database Administration of Oracle/MySQL, Security, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery and Performance Tuning;
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to database performance, replication, connectivity, migration, security, etc.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, application and database performance metrics as well as various infrastructure components: servers, storage, and networking
- Experience performing complex reporting including demonstrated skill in composing logical, detailed and analytical reports that support planning and decision making
- Ability to perform benchmarking analysis and identification of process improvement opportunities is required.
- Extensive experience and sound professional judgment to plan and accomplish goals with minimal oversight and wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Advanced knowledge of Unix Commands and Unix Shell Scripting experience
- Experience in SHAREPLEX would be a major plus