European Financial Accountant - Retail/Fashion - Northampton
- Full Time
A global-leading fashion/retailer based in Northampton, is looking for a qualified Financial Accountant to join their business. Predominantly a technical role with management responsibilities, the Financial Accountant will have French GAAP experience and will be responsible for the production of Monthly Management Accounts.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Continental Europe General Ledger Team - with the assistance of UK team members
- Maintain Continental nominal ledgers in accordance with Group and statutory accounting requirements across Europe
- Ensure the preparation of monthly management accounts is in accordance with the Group reporting standards and timetable.
- Maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure all necessary direct and indirect tax payments & returns are made (including VAT returns) and submit all necessary associated financial statistical returns.
- Primary Auditor contact for the end of year Audit
The ideal candidate:
- Fluent in French with French GAAP experience
- Recognised accountancy qualification with at least 3 year PQE with appropriate technical competencies
Our client offer an excellent basic salary, benefits package and career prospects
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.