INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTS AND FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR - CENTRAL LONDON
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a small, busy and friendly firm of patent and trade mark attorneys as a Financial Administrator. Established in May 2015, the firm is based in central London and currently operates with a team of three attorneys and three support staff. Proven international accounting experience is essential, with a full working knowledge of the Xero accounting package. Experience of the specialist patent and trade mark document management and invoicing software, Patrawin, is an advantage but full training will be provided.
The firm has successfully built a paperless operation with a small team working together, so the successful candidate will be confident and comfortable using screen based accounting. You will be joining a growing firm, aiming to employ more professional and support staff in the medium term. There are good long term prospects for the right candidate, with potential managerial prospects in the future. The position would be suitable for a candidate looking to take on further responsibilities as the company grows.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the successful candidate will assist with the following:
- Invoicing and credit control
- Posting charges for invoicing
- Importing sales and purchase invoices into Xero from Patrawin
- Bank reconciliation for GBP, USD and EUR accounts
- Liaising with the firm's accountant re quarterly VAT returns
- Processing and payment of supplier invoices and official fees
- Authorising payments through the online bank account
- Managing deposit account balances and top-ups with various official agencies
- Responding to and meeting client billing requirements
- Reconciling credit card bills
- Handling expense claims and ancilliary accounting matters
- Assisting with enquiries and information requests on accounting matters from other members of staff, suppliers and clients
- Management of direct debits and subscriptions
- Management of client and supplier database
- Excellent knowledge of Xero, Excel and computing skills
- Ability to make calculations working with different currencies
- Confident and professional communication skills with colleagues, suppliers and clients
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability and fee income
- Adaptability and willingness to undertake varied tasks
- Ability to solve financial issues when they arise
- Capable of working independently and within a team.
If you have these skills, please send your CV asap. The Career Factor Ltd act as an agent in this matter and only successful candidates will be contacted.