Deputy Store Manager - Canterbury
Mothercare is the leading global retailer for parents and young children; you could be part of our brand putting customers at the heart of our business.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Store Manager to join our Store based in Canterbury.
As a Deputy Store Manager, you will report directly to the Store Manager and in conjunction with them you will both be responsible for the store's commercial and operational objectives. Your key accountabilities will be to maximise the profitability of the store through the management of budgets, minimising losses and ensuring a high level of stock availability whilst delivering operational excellence. You will have the skills to lead, inspire and motivate the store team, whilst conveying our Mothercare brand values and providing amazing customer service at all times.
Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
We need our Deputy Store Manager to have the following skillset:
- A passion for high performance and the ability to create a climate where people strive to achieve their best
- Commercial instinct with a business management mind-set
- The ability to be a role model for high standards of personal presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all times
- The ability to lead the team from the front
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst under pressure
- A drive to move the store forward
- A dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers
- The ability to tackle issues, providing direct and actionable positive feedback
- Able to influence at all levels
- The flexibility to support the business
So if the above sounds like you, then this could be the beginning of your new career!