Graduate Design Draughtsman/Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
Graduate Mechanical CAD Design Engineer x 2 - Based in Poole - Dorset
Starting salary £27,400 plus excellent benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global precision engineering/manufacturing organisation
It is essential you have a Mechanical Design Engineering Degree and completed either an Industrial Placement or have some industry experience
The Purpose of the role
To support the Team Leader and be responsible for supporting the product development strategy delivering profitable organic growth and continuous improvement.
Based within the design and development department, you will work alongside a team of engineers, working coherently with the projects, production and quality engineering teams engineers) and the manufacturing department.
This role is vertically aligned with the manufacture, assembly and testing operations all located onsite.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Essential
- For a new graduate full induction, training and development will be provided.
- Knowledge of design, construction and manufacturing processes desirable.
- Key skills in the areas of: Materials, CAD modeling and detailed drawing, Stress analysis, fluid dynamics, project management and practical mechanical assembly related skills
- Experience or knowledge of engineering software, 2D & 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, Mathcad, MS Office, preferably using Autodesk platforms (AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys)
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and e-mails
- Excellent organisational & communication skills are essential as the role will involve working on various projects simultaneously, including coordinating with other project team members, liaising with manufacturing & sales departments, reviewing progress as well as evaluating results.
- Knowledge of high pressure valves for Nuclear, Oil & Gas or space; certification customer practices and regulations is desirable.
- Some knowledge of electrical engineering and solenoid design would also be advantageous but is not essential
- Strives for continual professional development increasing technical breadth and non-technical broadening with experience, research and experimentation.