Horizon Search and Selection are delighted to be working in partnership with a dynamic and forward thinking shared services joint local authority.
The opportunity has arisen to join this commercially proactive public sector organisation as an Estates Surveyor, managing a diverse portfolio of mainly commercial properties. In joining this very busy team, you have extensive experience in actively managing a substantial property portfolio and property asset based projects.
The purpose of the role will be the delivery and management of defined objectives and outcomes personally and by supporting the wider property team, in the delivery of asset based projects. To manage a variety of property assets by optimising uses, incomes and costs so as to ensure the extent and quality of occupied space and associated services supports the strategic, financial and operational aims of the organisation. As a result, the post holder will be required to work at both Bury St Edmunds and Mildenhall offices, and reasonably required to travel to other offices in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the assets are managed in accordance with professional and best practice management standards
- Preparation and updating Asset Management Plans
- Day to day property management including rent reviews, new lettings and renewed leases, assignments, break options, variations in lease terms etc.
- Overseeing the collection of rental and other income from non-operational portfolio
- Dealing with the acquisition and disposal of land and buildings, negotiating contracts for sale, purchaser or transfer
- Ensuring lease covenants are satisfied by both tenant and landlord
- Preparation of asset valuations and viability studies
- Maintenance of portfolio database
- Collation and reporting of benchmark information, as well as key cost and performance drivers, and reporting as required
- Providing property advice to other services to assist the planning authority in making decisions for development control or policy setting
- Liaising with and building relationships with external advisers who provide property related services
- Identifying development opportunities and maximising value through creative and entrepreneurial leveraging of assets
- Managing the utility budgets and contracts for all operational portfolio including monitoring usage
- Controlling and monitoring budgets
The post holder will be part-qualified or recently qualified MRICS with some experience in managing a portfolio of properties in addition to:
- To have up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and technical procedures
- Knowledge appropriate to delivering a range of property services
- The ability to formulate and deliver property development and enhancement projects
- To demonstrate good understanding of health and safety
- Experience of communicating, influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- To have a strong customer focus
- The ability to manage budgets and exercise financial control
- The drive and ability to work under your own initiative, planning workload and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to solve problems, prioritise workloads and support colleagues
- To have excellent and confident presentation skills
Knowledge of public sector would be extremely advantageous.
Due to the nature of this role, a valid driving licence is essential.
The role comes with an excellent package including generous benefits.
To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively email Suzanne Mildinhall with an up-to-date copy of your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant skills and suitability for the role
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!