5 days left
- Full Time
TJ Hughes is currently recruiting for a Sales Manager to join the management team at our TJ Hughes Middlesbrough store.
This is a full time role working 38 hours per week, with a salary of £18,000 per annum.
Lead, co-ordinate and coach store team in order to optimise department(s) sales potential and deliver exceptional standards & customer service. Principal Accountabilities
- Deliver exceptional results for the department(s) in order to meet / exceed sales targets by utilising all available commercial information / reports and taking appropriate action.
- Ensure that all staff are customer focused so that customers are provided with an efficient, polite and friendly service in order to maximise sales.
- Assist with the recruitment and induction of the store team and support ongoing development through leadership and coaching in order to constantly raise levels of performance.
- Ensure product is merchandised according to brand guidelines and in line with promotional activity & stock availability in order to maximise sales and operating standards.
- Manage and control high standards of health & safety and security within department(s) of responsibility.
- Ensure visual merchandising and ticketing standards are compliant with Company guidelines at all times.
- Be a role model for others by displaying excellent customer service at all times and actively encouraging service excellence in others.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of products on own department including; ensuring merchandising & pricing is to guideline, key lines are managed, stock availability and size ratios are appropriate, promotions/brochures are implemented, price changes managed and stock movements are monitored.
- Ensures department is effectively replenished and recovered on an ongoing basis.
- Takes action to resolve stock issues on department whilst updating and seeking support from Line Manager.
- Sets tasks and helps to plan and prioritise the work of Team Leaders on the department.
- Assists in planning staff coverage for department to achieve optimum business and service efficiency utilising available information e.g. holiday planner, operation plan, promotional events etc. whilst keeping in mind scheduling for whole store.
- Demonstrates awareness of company updates and communications, informing team members on department at briefs/meetings of content.
- Has an awareness of areas of possible risk on department which are raised to line management and is vigilant to both customer and staff theft.
- Undertake duty management responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Manager.
Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
The capacity to grasp new concepts quickly, to be flexible and adaptable to change
Excellent communication skills
The ability to multi task and work under pressure
Good IT Skills
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ’s (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. Our aim is to provide savvy shoppers with top brands at affordable and competitive prices.
We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 22 stores across the UK: from Eastbourne in the South to Glasgow in the North.
We are moving at an incredible pace and have to plans to expand rapidly in the future, in order to be able to maintain this development and growth we are looking for dynamic self-starters who can bring that extra something to the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do’ individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting. With the growth planned within our business there are great opportunities for people to join us and really build their careers within the dynamic retail and fashion industry.
If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address.