- Full Time
My client is looking for a passionate and experienced core Java Developer to join their friendly, collaborative and talented development team to work on a key project with one of their top clients.
My client needs a talented developer to enhance a functioning API with many digital providers allowing you to give your print subscribers instant access to the digital edition of the magazine.
This opportunity will give the chosen candidate an opportunity to work with some of the largest names in the Digital Media Sphere, on cutting edge technology, you will aim to develop a new and exciting application you can call "your own".
Key Objectives of the role
The successful applicant will be required to work on Java-based international systems; creating new systems (Greenfield development) and extending core functionality; supporting existing features. The tasks will include:
- Designing systems with consideration of high-level architectural issues.
- Producing design specifications from business requirement documents.
- Creating web-based systems to support core business functions.
- Developing data services for user interfaces.
- Developing reporting solutions.
- Estimation of specified development tasks.
- Adhering to existing frameworks.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
The following lists the desirable skills we are looking for:
- 2+ years of Java experience (Core Java version 7+).
- Experience of the whole development process.
- Experience of developing/architecting web-based enterprise systems.
- A grasp of source control techniques.
- An understanding of database technologies i.e. data modelling and SQL.
- Involvement in a financial software project.
- Ability to produce readable well engineered code.
- Understanding of object oriented design
- Use of Java Generics
- Understanding Junit framework
Please respond to this advert with an up to date version of your CV and the leading consultant will be in touch with more details.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.