SQL DBA / BI Developer
5 days left
- Full Time
MS SQL DBA / BI Developer - Liverpool
Skills - Database Administration, DBA, MS SQL (SQL 2015, SQL 2016), SSRS, SSIS, PowerShell, VMware, ETL, Replication, Database Mirroring, MCDBA, BI Developer, AWS, Amazon Web Services
We have a superb permanent opportunity for a MS SQL DBA for an exciting Software Company in their New Innovative Office in Liverpool. We are looking for an experienced SQL DBA working on MS SQL 2016, with Strong BI Development. The MS SQL Database Administrator will develop and proactively manage and maintain the SQL Server environment, ensuring its health, security, availability, performance and manageability at all times. Ensure data integrity across all servers and SQL databases. Its essential the SQL DBA has Good knowledge of database administration (SQL 2016), design and development, Coupled with strong performance tuning SQL Databases and TSQL code. Ideally as a DBA you will be MCDBA certified or have a Computer Science degree background - but QBE (qualified by Experience (5yrs +) will outweigh the qualifications. We are looking for a DBA with a Strong SQL Database Development and BI Development as the role will be split between the both DBA and DB Development. It'll be highly beneficial if you have expo Experience of cloud environments, particularly Amazon AWS.
Role Over View
- Role coverage: DBA and support (30%), Database and BI Development (70%).
- Responsible for keeping the company's SQL Server deployments operational.
- Performance and infrastructure monitoring, in order to recommend improvements that will minimize the risk of disruption and to minimise infrastructure costs.
- Develop stored procedures, functions, agent jobs, indexes, etc. as part of the development lifecycle, working in the software development team to produce the database assets required for software development projects.
- Develop the existing data warehouses in order to further optimise performance of the database systems.
- Gather data requirements and design appropriate data solutions for projects.
- Interact with customer support team to resolve production database related issues.
- Support ad-hoc data requests.
- Provide regular, accurate and timely status reports to line manager and team with regard to project status and issues.
- 5+ years' experience in SQL Server administration and support.
- 5+ years' experience in a SQL Server development environment.
- 2+ years' experience in a data warehouse / ETL environment.
- Excellent T-SQL skills, including query optimisation, query plan analysis, etc.
- Experience of SQL Server installation and upgrades.
- Strong knowledge of recovery models and backup/restore processes.
- Strong experience of SSRS, SSIS and SSAS.
- Ability to diagnose performance problems in a SQL Server environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fast Growing Software Company in Liverpool. As a SQL DBA you'll get to work with the latest Technology environment on high Performance Databases, and working in one of the UK leading working environments in my clients swanky new state of the art offices in Liverpool. If you are a DBA and looking for a New opportunity in Liverpool - this is one of the North Wests top companies to work for. Apply now with a Word CV.