Business Development Manager
My client has over 15 years' experience and an enviable reputation for design, supply and maintenance of innovative non-potable Water Management Systems. They have worked on numerous high level projects including The Shard, London developments including Kings Cross, Elephant & Castle and Stratford.
The Role & Candidate
As Business Development Manager you will report directly into the Managing Director. You will be responsible for maximising the sales revenue with the existing client base, and developing new customers in the given territory. Your role will include creating sales strategy for a new innovative IT (cloud based) product for flood protection, water quality improvements, improvements in infrastructure and water savings through smart reuse of rainwater. You will primarily target consulting engineers, councils, governmental institutions, construction companies, contractors, water companies in South East especially London initially.
As a potential candidate:
- You must have proven B2B sales experience (minimum of 2 years)
- Experience in the construction market with Flood Protection or Rainwater Management systems is preferable
- Experience working with Councils and City Planning is preferable
- You will have accounts experience and be a tough negotiator with the ability to see the internal and external customer's point of view.
- You will be a self-motivated and self-disciplined individual who possess high energy, stringent time management skills and above all the ability to think on their feet.
- You will possess an ability to instigate, identify and capitalize on business opportunities whilst exploring all potential avenues for business.
- You will demonstrate an ability to talk at all levels. Typical Decision Makers range from Purchasing Managers to Board level Directors both internally and externally.