Aftersales Manager - Maidstone
£45,000 Basic £70,000 OTE + Car + Benefits
Our huge main dealer client is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic aftersales manager to lead a team of circa 40 staff in one of the largest dealerships in the region. Not only is it working for one of the best brands in the world but it is working for one of the best international car dealership companies too.
- As an Aftersales Manager you will responsible for providing direction for the entire Aftersales operation in order to deliver against one of the brands key priorities of 'Growing Aftersales’.
- Aftersales Managers will ensure that all of the departments within the After Sales operation function efficiently and as one unit to optimise performance and provide customer excellence.
- As an Aftersales Manager your team will comprise of Service Advisors and Technicians who will need clear direction to order to run an efficient and professional operation, always ensuring that an incredible customer experience is given.
- Alongside your customer-centric attitude, you will be commercially minded, passionate about the car industry, motivated by setting, achieving and exceeding targets.
To be a success in this role, you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in managerial role in a customer oriented department
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of developing and monitoring budgets
- An understanding of marketing processes and development of pricing strategies
- Up to date knowledge of vehicle and consumer legislation, trade practices and FCA regulations and duties
- Be able to guide and direct a team
- A strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills - able to negotiate and influence
- Meet key performance indicators and targets for the service and parts departments
- Look for opportunities to increase efficiency of the Aftersales operation and increase recovery rates
- Take actions to sustain, retain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction, whilst sustained profitability
- Work with team to develop understanding and implementation of customer focussed environment, setting clear objectives/targets
- Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution
- Liaise with external companies to ensure good working relationships are developed
- Maintain rigorous control of Department costs, stock and budget
- Ensure warranty procedures are followed correctly to ensure prompt recovery of monies due
- Recruit, coach and appraise team to ensure they are operating to full potential
- Ensure that company standards are followed in relation to control of funds, premises, vehicles, and other company resources
- Ensure that steps are taken to ensure safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation are complied with.
Aftersales Managers will receive a guaranteed base salary, plus an excellent bonus structure, we also offer great benefits including:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
- Company car
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Discount gym membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in this role please contact Command Recruitment now.